06 May 2012

overdoing it at the library

My library use tends to go in cycles. I'll go a while without browsing the selection, then suddenly spend an hour requesting every single book in the entire YA section that I ever thought about reading/has an interesting cover/looks like there will be kissing. And even when I end up on the waiting list, they always seem to show up at the same time.

Like, Saturday. I went and picked up eight books. EIGHT. (And I held back!) For two weeks. The first week being FINALS WEEK, in which I have to write 9 more pages on a paper/final exam, and study for/take a bunch of tests.

Nevertheless, I read one whole book on Saturday (The Way We Fall, Megan Crewe) and another whole book on Sunday (Never Eighteen, Megan Bostic), so I'm off to a good start. Now I've just got to power through six more before they're due. (They're all requested & not renewable!)

I had to put down the book I had just started (Gallagher Girls #2 - yay, girl spies!) and now I'm working my way through these (somehow!):

- Audition (Stasia Ward Kehoe)
- Getting Over Garrett Delaney (Abby McDonald)
Mostly Good Girls (Leila Sales)
On Pointe (Lorie Ann Grover)
The One That I Want (Jennifer Echols)
- The Six Rules of Maybe (Deb Caletti)

Does this only happen to me? Are you able to leave the library with two books (before you've exhausted their selection)?

8 comments :

  1. I do this exact same thing! I won't go to the library for like a month or two, and then I'll go and act like I must get EVERY semi-intereting book like RIGHT AWAY or else they'll just disappear. I have 11 library books out right now. Will I read all 11 books? No. But I couldn't put it back on the shelf if it was something I'd considered buying before haha! I love that you do the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I don't know why I do it... I mean, they're probably not going to clean out the YA section & take away all the books I still need to read in a matter of a few weeks time! Still can't help myself though...

      Delete
  2. :)
    I'm a librarian! I've got it even worse! Almost every time an interesting book gets turned in I think about the trillion ARCs and egalleys and other library books I have, but I still check out more! What's one more book, right?
    Joy @ Book Lagniappe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can only imagine! There is ALWAYS room for more!

      Delete
  3. I seriously just posted about this a week ago. EVERYthing I put on hold came in at once, really. And I'm glad because I have options, but really! The library could have spaced things out a LITTLE bit for me, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Just checked out your blog... You did! I'm glad we have the same problem

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO! I put in requests and they all come in at once...ugh. But you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!