24 January 2012

Top Ten Books I Got at ALA!

I've been meaning to participate in Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) for a while now, so when I saw the topic was open to WHATEVER I WANT this week (and THEN, I saw Magan's post over at Rather Be Reading about books from ALA), I decided to jump in.

I spent Friday-Sunday in Dallas with a group of friends/book bloggers attending ALA Midwinter and it was super awesome. I'll have a recap post (or two) coming within the week, but until then, I'll kick things off with...

THE TOP TEN BOOKS I AM SUPER EXCITED I GOT AT ALA!

(Yes, the books are on a chair. I didn't feel like clearing off the table-near-nice-natural-light, so... chair!)
They're in alphabetical order because I couldn't possibly rank them. (Of course, because I am super awful at choosing ONLY a certain number of favorites of anything ever there is a pile of another eight on the floor next to the chair feeling super left out right now. Poor, sad books.)

52 REASONS TO HATE MY FATHER by Jessica Brody (July 2012) - I love Jessica Brody's books and probably Jessica Brody. She makes awesome book trailers, writes cute characters, and always has a central plot idea that feels new to me. (Psst... click here to see my review her previous release, My Life Undecided.)
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

AMELIA ANNE IS DEAD AND GONE by Kat Rosenfield (July 2012) - I actually hadn't heard of this one before ALA, but as soon as I read the back cover, I knew I had to have it. It sounds mysterious, and I love (love, love, love) a book set in a small town.
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

BREAKING BEAUTIFUL by Jennifer Shaw Wolf (April 2012) - I was BEYOND excited when I saw this book was up for grabs. (I posted about how much I wanted to read it way back in August.) Can't wait!
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

FLIRTING IN ITALIAN by Lauren Henderson (June 2012) - Four girls summering in Italy? Yes, please! Something tells me this one is going to be perfect when I want a book that will put a smile on my face.
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

THE LIST by Siobhan Vivian (April 2012) - Every year an anonymous list goes up announcing the "prettiest" and "ugliest" girls in each grade. I don't even want to imagine how awful it would be to be on the bottom of that list for every eye in school to see, but I bet I will when I read this book. I was lucky enough to run into Siobhan twice over the weekend and my impression of her makes me want to read this even more.
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

THUMPED by Megan McCafferty (April 2012) - The follow up to Bumped. Curious to see where it goes...
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer 

PILGRIMS DON'T WEAR PINK by Stephanie Kate Strohm (May 2012) - A "historical romance-reading, Jane Austen-adaptation-watching, all-around-history nerd" spends the summer interning at Maine's Oldest Living History Museum. So, basically: me without the internship. Love!
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

VARIOUS POSITIONS by Martha Schabas (February 2012) - I took ballet throughout my childhood and can't help but love it still. I'm interested to read along as a young professional ballerina makes her way through the dance world and deals with all the pressure that entails. I've read some really opinionated ("not what I expected") reviews on this one, so I'm interested to see where it goes.
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

WANDERLOVE by Kirsten Hubbard (March 2012) - This one's got an 18-year-old main character traveling through Central America, which is enough to hook me alone. (Bonus: It's by the same author who wrote Like Mandarin.)
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

WELCOME, CALLER, THIS IS CHLOE by Shelley Coriell (May 2012) - School radio station! Possibly a cute radio boy! Sign me up.
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

&#%

OHMYGOD! I left out my (probable) #1! It was in my school bag, because I'm already reading it, so it completely slipped my mind when I was choosing...

PANDEMONIUM by Lauren Oliver (February 2012) - You don't even want to KNOW what was happening when Ginger ever so kindly handed me a copy of this book. (Hint: Actual pandemonium, except eerily almost-silent.) I waited to read Delirium until earlier this month, because I was pretty sure I would love it and hate waiting for this book to continue the story. I was right, so I'm glad I got a copy to shorten the wait by more than a month. Reading it and holding my breath... Alex.
Add to Goodreads | Pre-Order on Amazon | Find Your Local Indie Retailer

&#%

So, that's my top ten +1. I'd love to hear what you top ten-ed this week or your thoughts on any of these books or how awesome of a time you had at ALA or how you didn't go but now realize you should next time.

11 comments :

  1. Awesome books! There are some exciting reads here. I just read Pandemonium -- so good-- I hope you enjoy it.

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure Giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished it & totally, completely LOVED IT. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great list! They all sound very interesting, have fun with them! And yay for your first TTT =D

    Here's my TTT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hopefully I can make it a regular thing. I love looking at all of the lists! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. YOU GOT THUMPED?!?!?!?! Oh man, jealous jealous jealous...

    Nice haul, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the book made it to you or will very soon. Then, don't spoil me! Haha.

      Delete
  4. Yay for participating, Sarah! :) I love that you did. But I even more love that I can see how much our bookish tastes are. I can't wait for us to read some of these and swap "OMGs" back and forth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you don't mind I ripped off your idea, Magan. Haha. OMGs coming soon!

      Delete
  5. I love looking at the blog posts slowly pouring in showing off the books we got at ALA b/c there's still some I missed! Ha! How is that possible?! And agreed.. serious Pandemonium went down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Me too. I got a lot of great ones & I still keep seeing good books I somehow missed. Crazy!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!